[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD File system size limit

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Oct 24 16:07:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 02:35:47PM +0530, sumit suri(external) wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am a new user on GFS based SAN with two storage and two cluster nodes.
>
> We are currently having a GFS volume of 3 TB which is in synch using
> DRBD on storage nodes.
>
> What I understand is DRBD 32 bit version is having a filesystem size
> support upto 4 TB only.
>
> I would like to understand if we need bigger single filesystem can use
> DRBD 64 bit version and how much size we can extend (currently our
> requirement is of 7 TB).

DRBD 8.x.y on 32bit linux: 4 TB per drbd.
probably also globally not much more possible.

DRBD 8.x.y on 64bit linux: 8 TB per drbd.
probabaly globally, using multiple devices, much more.

DRBD plus 8.x.y on 32bit and 64bit linux:
   now: 16 TB per drbd;
no global limitation I know of.
"soon": limited only by available main memory.

You need enough RAM in any case.

Don't forget to support the creators (us),
so we can keep supporting you.

--
: Lars Ellenberg