[DRBD-user] RE: DRBD 7 on Debian Lenny

Lee D Wintringham lwintringham at penguinpi.com
Thu Oct 16 22:18:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am having this same issue. How did you fix the cflags problem? If I can get past that then maybe I can work on the other problem. Thanks!

-Lee

Hello,

We upgraded one server of a cluster to Debian Lenny, but DRBD 7 won't
compile with the new kernel 2.6.26:

scripts/Makefile.build:46: *** CFLAGS was changed in
"/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/Makefile". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS. Stop.

I found a solution for the CFLAGS problem, but the next error is:

/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c:1:24: error:
linux/drbd.h: No such file or directory
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c: In function
'__assert_sizeof_disk_config_eq_24':
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c:10: error: invalid
application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct disk_config'
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c:10: error: duplicate
case value
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c:10: error: previously
used here

Is there a solution to get DRBD 7 working?

Another option is to upgrade to DRBD 8. But we have an out of sync cluster.
Is it possible to upgrade while the nodes are out of sync?

Kind regards,

Marijn