[DRBD-user] Nested LVM configuration with DRBD and Xen

Mickaël Canévet canevet at embl.fr
Wed Oct 15 16:50:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have some troubles to install a Xen DomU in a nested LVM configuration
as described here: http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/s-nested-lvm.html

Install of DomU (CentOS) hangs with "Error mounting device xvda1
as /boot".

and when I try to mount DomU's /boot under Dom0, I have this error
message:

# kpartx -av /dev/virtual-machines/ns2
add map ns2p1 : 0 256977 linear /dev/virtual-machines/ns2 63
add map ns2p2 : 0 8128890 linear /dev/virtual-machines/ns2 257040
# mount /dev/mapper/ns2p1 /mnt/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/ns2p1,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

Configuration:
- CentOS 5.2
- kernel: 2.6.18
- DRBD 8.2.6

Any idea ?

Mickaël Canévet.
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Grenoble Outstation. FRANCE