[DRBD-user] Heartbeat & DRBD.SplitBrain.Auto recovering

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:01:07 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> So for the NOT recommended way of automatically recovering after split
> brain, throwing away all transactions done on one of the nodes,
>
> doing something along the lines of:
>  after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
>  after-sb-1pri call-pri-lost-after-sb;
>  after-sb-2pri call-pri-lost-after-sb;
>
> while having a handler
>  pri-lost-after-sb "echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger; reboot -f"
>
> might do what you ask for.

Keeping in mind the NOT recommended situation, but to better
understand drbd behaviour, what is the relation between what above and
the rr-conflict directive?
in particular:
1) what is the default for rr-conflict if not explicit?
2) if answer of 1) is disconnect, does this prevent or not from the
reboot of the node with least changes?
3) suppose no node has changes (for example nfs read partition synced
with drbd) would it be better to use
discard-younger-primary, supposed the time of the nodes is kept in
sync with ntp? (though I donna if the term younger here is referred to
timestamp or instead to transaction number id internal to drbd
itself...)

Gianluca