[DRBD-user] No response from the DRBD driver! Is the module loaded?

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Sat Nov 15 03:28:18 CET 2008

Hi Allen,

Every time you update your kernel to a new version you will have to
reinstall the DRBD module.

: Brian Hellman
: brian at linbit.com

:
: http://www.linbit.com

Allen Chen wrote:

Thanks, I found that when I updated red hat it created a new module
directory, and did not move the drbd.ko file over. I did a

#
cp /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5xen/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.18.el5xen/kernel/drivers/block
# insmod /path-to-drbd-module/drbd.ko

...and that solved the problem. I hope this doesn't happen every time I
update my system though.