[DRBD-user] I/O barrier problem

GAUTIER Hervé herve.gautier at thalesgroup.com
Mon Nov 3 14:11:54 CET 2008

Hi there !

I need some more explanations in order to know from where comes a
barrier problem (message local disk flush failed with status -95).

I have identified the following different levels of the chain that may
be involved:
- OS: I am currently running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
(Nahant Update 6) kernel 2.6.9-67.ELsmp. Is there a minimum required
kernel version for the barriers implementation ?
- DRBD: The current version I am using is drbd-8.2.5.
- Drivers: I currently use disks connected on a HP Smart Array 642
Controller using the cciss driver 2.6.16 provided by the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 6). I haven't seen any
option on this driver.
- Controller: I will check in there is any cache option in the HP Smart
Array 642 Controller firmware.
- Disks: I will try to find any information on the disks used in order
to check if the used some cache.

Anything else I have forgotten ?

Thank in advance,

Best regards.