[DRBD-user] URGENT Request for DRBD Developers

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri May 23 22:53:11 CEST 2008

Art Age Software wrote:
> This is why the 8.0 branch exists.
> Otherwise, Linbit would simply kill it and tell everyone to move to
> 8.2.

Why don't you maintain the 8.0 RPMs for RHEL and/or CentOS, so yourself
and other 8.0 users can continue to use it while CentOSExtras/Plus moves
towards 8.2 or sits at an old 8.0 release? Seems like a good balance
between you and others getting the release they want, and allowing the
'official' package maintainers to support 8.2.

Personally, I don't see this as a DRBD issue at all - It's what the
CentOS DRBD maintainer chooses to support and distribute. I'm sure the
CentOS community would appreciate someone maintaining 8.0 if it is
desired by the users.

Considering the amount of time invested in this discussion, someone
could have just built the RPMs already and stuck them somewhere for
download. If I ran 8.0, I'd do it (or would have just given you my
packages already), but I'm standardizing on 8.2.

David