[DRBD-user] URGENT Request for DRBD Developers

Art Age Software artagesw at gmail.com
Fri May 23 20:31:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Sébastien Prud'homme
<sebastien.prudhomme at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're not happy with Centos policy, why don't you build DRBD
> 8.0.12 yourself ?

Well, because as I explained in my original post, DRBD is non-trivial
to build and keep up with the current kernel version. That is why we
choose to use an enterprise distro with a robust package management
system. In fact, I would go so far as to say that is why anyone uses
such a system. Otherwise, we would all spend our days building our own
custom kernels and software packages. The beauty of package management
and distributions is that we can leverage that part and spend our time
and resources adding value on top of that.