[DRBD-user] Best way to change a backend-device to a other device

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Thu May 22 21:55:21 CEST 2008

I do not believe it is necessary for the configs to be identical all the
time - Node A is never going to try to touch the disk config for node B
anyway.

I think the best option is to detach the local disk (drbdadm detach
<resource>) on one node, update the config file, 'drbdadm adjust
<resource>', then reattach 'drbdadm attach <resource>) and wait for it
to sync. Then do the same on the other node. Then you can just clean up
the configs on each node afterwards.

This should be achievable with no downtime on either host.

David