[DRBD-user] Changing Hostname

LINBIT Support - Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri May 16 23:27:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:53:03PM +0100, Ian Knight wrote:
>> would you please just type in "uname -n",
>> and copy'n'paste the output into your drbd.conf?
>>

> For security reasons i can not on a public list - but it is
> "master.CORRECTDOMAIN.com"
>>> For the time being i have had to set the hostname back to
>>> master.INCORRECTDOMAIN.com - but ideally i would like to update it
>>> properly which means updating the hostname within the meta-data i
>>> would  imagine.
>>>

>> again, DRBD does NOT store anything hostname related anywhere.
>> drbdadm just does a "uname -n" equivalent, and looks for a "on
>> $thatname" section in the config file.
>>

> So does drbdadm dump-xml just get its info from the drbd.conf file?

absolutely.
use "drbdadm dump", to get a more human friendly representation,
which should basically look exactly like your config file,
"canonically" indented and stripped off the comments.

>> do you happen to use the ofc drbd resource agent,
>> and the "clone overrides hostname" misfeature?
>> if so, you'd need to change your "override" as well...
>>

> Im afraid i dont understand this question - i am just using drbd on a
> centos5 x86_64 kernel.

the heartbeat2 ocf drbd resource agent has a "floating peers" mode,
where it overrides the hostname drbdadm thinks it is running on.
if you use that, then you can obviously change the real hostname all you
want, because the resource agent will override it.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :