[DRBD-user] How to name a device?

Rainer Sokoll rainer at sokoll.com
Mon May 5 08:42:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

the man page for drbd.conf says:

------8<------
device name

The  name of the block device node of the resource being described. You
must use this device with your application (file system) and you must
not use the low level block device which is specified with the disk
parameter.

I want to have "friendly names" for my devices instead of drbd[0-9], but
no matter what I put in drbd.conf, the first instance gets drbd0, the
second drbd1 and so on.
I'm on opensuse 10.3 and use LVM, if it matters.
How do I get other names than the canonical drbd[0-9]?

Thanks,
Rainer