[DRBD-user] No mount of devices on Primary

Gerhard Lucks lucks at k7-it.de
Fri May 2 11:27:25 CEST 2008

Hallo,

I tryed to implement a DRBD on a configuration allready existing

two Servers on a SLES 9 OS (both nodes) and included DRBD 7.14

for test purposes.

Everything went fine untill the first sycronisation (drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say

Primary all) went through properly and set's the two nodes in Primary/Secondary

state I am not able to mount the two Devices on the Primary host. After

bringing Primary into Unconfigured state mount works fine.

drbd.conf:

#
# please have a a look at the example configuration file in
# /usr/share/doc/packages/drbd.conf
#
resource drive01 {
   protocol C;
   incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt
-f";
   startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout 120; }
   disk { on-io-error detach; }
   net {
      sndbuf-size 512k;
      max-buffers 20000;
      max-epoch-size 20000;
   }
   syncer {
      group 1;
      rate 50M;
   }
   on archivehost {
      device /dev/drbd0;
      disk /dev/sda5;
      address 10.0.0.1:7788;
      meta-disk /dev/sdc1[0];
   }
   on archivehost02 {
      device /dev/drbd0;
      disk /dev/sda5;
      address 10.0.0.2:7788;
      meta-disk /dev/sdc1[0];
   }
}
resource drive02 {
   protocol C;
   incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt
-f";
   startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout 120; }
   disk { on-io-error detach; }
   net {
      sndbuf-size 512k;
      max-buffers 20000;
      max-epoch-size 20000;
   }
   syncer {
      group 2;
      rate 50M;
   }
   on archivehost {
      device /dev/drbd1;
      disk /dev/sdb2;
      address 10.0.0.1:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/sdc1[1];
   }
   on archivehost02 {
      device /dev/drbd1;
      disk /dev/sdb2;
      address 10.0.0.2:7789;
      meta-disk /dev/sdc1[1];
   }
}

meta-disk is in this case external.

Hardware configuration is 2  X 147 GB SCSI SCA RAID1 on HA Intel SRCU42L

                          2  X 300 GB SCSI SCA RAID1 on HA Intel SRCU42L

                          1  X 36  GB SCSI SCA NONE  on HA Intel SCRU42L (META)

What could be the cause ?

Thanks in advance

Gerhard