[DRBD-user] Config files with heartbeat and drbd

Gauthier DOUCHET gauthier.douchet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:52:46 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm using heartbeat 1.2.5-3 and drbd on two Etch servers (in
active/passive).

I have a question about the configuration files of my services.
Is it a nice idea to put my /etc/mysql (or any other config directory of
services) on my /data (my drbd partition) and to create a symlink from
/data/etc/mysql to /etc/mysql ?
I would like to do that in order to have the same configuration on both
servers and to avoid to copy the config from server1 to server2 each time I
change parameters for a service (like apache, mysql, ldap etc) on a config
file.
But I don't want to create some security problems or other things like
that...

Thank you very much for yours answers!

Regards

--