[DRBD-user] DRBD + LVM2 Setup on RHEL5.1

haaseg haaseg at onefreevoice.com
Fri Mar 21 01:09:24 CET 2008

Judging by your pvcreate statement, it appears that you are trying to
run lvm2 on top of a drbd device. In that case, I believe /dev/drbd0
needs to be primary before you can run pvcreate. You can put /dev/drbd0
in primary because drbd is not starting correctly.

What device is /dev/drbd/r0? Most block devices in RHEL are going to be
/dev/sd[a-d] (SCSI or SATA) or /dev/hd[a-d] (IDE).