[DRBD-user] drbd8 - multiple routes between nodes

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:21:58 CET 2008

Hi Leandro,

I'm running 2 nodes with a primary/secondary & secondary/primary
setup. So one primary partition per node under normal running
conditions. The partitions are mounted as nfs exports. If one node
goes down it's fairly easy to resync back and then switch back to a
primary partition per node once the downed node is returned. If one of
the nodes loses connection I land up with split brain. Normal fencing
rules seem to favour the old primary and outdate the secondary so it
can't switch to primary which isn't what I need. Since the servers
will have 3 interfaces (1 crossover, 1 internal network, 1 external
IP) it would have been a lot easier to keep drbd communicating if
multiple routes were possible.

Thanks
Guy

--