[DRBD-user] Trouble with DRBD 0.7 - disappearing data

Lukas Pecha pecha at marconi.ttc.cz
Tue Mar 18 10:06:31 CET 2008

Hello,
I have a strange problem with DRBD 0.7. I am using it to replicate some
lvm volumes (which contains virtual machines for Xen) and it works fine.
But one of the devices, the largest one (size about 50 GB, the others
have only about 4-8 GB), is behaving strangely - here is an example of
what I mean: I attach it to the virtual machine. That is okay, I have
full read/write access etc. So I create some partitions on it and
filesystems. Still okay. But when I try to mount the partitions, they
are not there! One moment, it's all here, but a few seconds (or minutes)
later is the whole disk empty, with no partitions at all! I tried it a
few times, I have doublechecked and reloaded the configuration, the only
thing I haven't done is reloading the whole servers and complete restart
of drbd (but I will try it in the evening).

Do you have any idea why it is happening?
Thanks,
Luke

PS:
Here is part of my drbd.conf, with configuration of that troubling disk:

global {
    minor-count 14;
}

resource data_disk {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";
  startup {
    wfc-timeout         0;  ## Infinite!
    degr-wfc-timeout   60;  ## 2 minutes.