[DRBD-user] Why isn't DRBD recognized as valid LVM PV?

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Thu Mar 13 13:05:56 CET 2008

Sorry for the second reply.
I forgot to squeeze this into my first.

As you have seen
I stacked my devices like

0xfd partition => level 1 MD => DRBD => LVM2 PV

As I see from the haresources of the old cluster
the MDs haven't been managed by Heartbeat separately yet.

I assume because of the 0xfd part. type that the arrays are auto
assembled according to the UUIDs
of their members already within initrd on boot up,
including the one which serves as the base of the DRBD.

I would like to change this so that assembly and stopping of this
particular MD array is entirely performed
by heartbeat.

In /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/Raid1 I found said script
that looks to be placed there for this purpose.
(I must say that the resource scripts' readability has suffered
dramatically owe to OCF compliance in HB2
compared to HB1 - too many nestings, clutter and scatter)

Although this is rather an HB than DRBD issue,
you probably may know off hand what is required?

Would it suffice to put an Raid1 invocation prior to that of
drbddisk in my haresources?
I hope that by inspecting the contents of Raid1 that I will be
able to find out the args it
reuires apart from the implicit start|stop.

Where would I have to deactivate the auto-assembly of the single
MD/DRBD array during initrd?
Would I have to revoke the 0xfd flag from its underpinning
partitions?

Thank you for your patience

Ralph

Haas