[DRBD-user] Suggestion for DRBD User's Guide

Whit Blauvelt whit+drbd at transpect.com
Wed Mar 12 17:03:25 CET 2008

That's reassuring! I haven't set the syncer rate at all. I followed the
draft manual advice at www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-resource.html,
so my drbd.conf has no more in it that your "Example configuration" there.
Maybe that's not a very useful example?

The sequence in the manual goes through doing the initial sync at
www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-initial-full-sync.html without any reference to
setting the syncer rate. It might improve the manual to advise reference to
www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-syncer-rate.html before starting the
initial sync - or else have DRBD run with a more realistic default syncer
rate when its not specified.

Some people read a whole manual closely before doing anything. Others of us
assume that for a simple setup, following the steps as they're given should
produce a usable first approximation. Since the manual's a draft, hopefully
it can still be made better for the second sort of user.

I'll reset the syncer rate. Thanks.

Best,
Whit