[DRBD-user] major doubt - very urgent

अनुज Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:58:21 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Schmidt, Florian
<florian.schmidt at altroconsult.de> wrote:

>  You cannot write-acces the drbd-device in secondary state, so you cannot make a filesystem on it. Make a filesystem on your primary drbd and it is replicated automatically to your second node.

It depends on:
1)the version of drbd &
2)whether one wants to use a clustering file system e.g GFS (global
file system) one may mount and do read write.

new versions has this option in /etc/drbd.conf

allow-two-primaries
With this option set you might make both nodes primary. You only
should use this options if you use a shared storage file system on top
of DRBD. At the time of writing the only ones are: OCFS2 and GFS. If
you use this option with any other filesystem you are goint to crash
your nodes and to corrupt your data!

in your case I don't think you need to bother about GFS file system.
Read what Florian said.

Anugunj Anuj.