[DRBD-user] Public draft of DRBD Users' Guide available, feedback requested - Online Varification

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Mar 10 09:04:34 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 10:05:02 Ben Clewett wrote:
> Whilst reading this I found the section on Online Verification, which I
> previously knew nothing:
>
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-use-online-verify.html
>
> I see this does not work on 8.2.1:
>
> # drbdadm adjust dbms-04
> /etc/drbd.conf:74: Parse error: 'an option keyword' expected,
>          but got 'verify-alg'
>
>   71   syncer {
>   72     rate 100M;
>   73     al-extents 257;
>   74     verify-alg md5;
>   75   }
>
> # drbdadm verify all
> Unknown command 'verify'.
>
> Could I suggest in cases such as these that you indicate the versions
> which support these function?  This might also help your users keep up
> to date...

Yes. The information that online verify is available from 8.2.4 forward was
already in the guide in another place, but I guess it doesn't hurt to state
it again in the section you are referring to.

Fixed.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.