[DRBD-user] why won't anybody even answer my DRDB question?

jeff at bofus.org jeff at bofus.org
Fri Mar 7 05:00:00 CET 2008

it was kind of hard for me to follow what you are trying to do here,
but here is my shot at answering:

/I created a lv call disk1 on both servers witch i wanted drdb to sync
between them. Is this possible??/
-- yes, it is possible.  I do it myself.  I dont use Volgroup00, I
create a separate VG, but should still be ok.

I dont personally use internal metadata for the disks, so I cannot talk
about that.
I create another LV along with the data LV.
in your case (the way I do it) I would create:
/  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/disk1 (yours is 1Gb)
  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/disk1_metadata (usually around
3Mb per 50Gb, but you can just make it 3Mb for yours too)
/
change the configurations from
/meta-disk internal;/
TO:
/flexible-meta-disk  /dev/VolGroup00/disk1_metadata;/

then run the commands:

drbdadm create-md <resource_name> # where resource_name is your resource
name (looks to be "azv")

then:
stop/start drbd

at this point you are at the "dual secondary" state:

drbdadm state all

# both will show as "Secondary"

and on whatever server you want to be the source to sync from:

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --overwrite-data-of-peer  # this will do a
full sync from here to your other server

you can check the sync status with:
cat /proc/drbd

then you need to create the FS.  do this on one server using the
/dev/drbd0 device.  it will propagate to the other

hope this helps you answer the questions you have..

-JPH