[DRBD-user] verify-alg-error

Schmidt, Florian florian.schmidt at altroconsult.de
Thu Mar 6 11:52:45 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

I just added the line verify-alg to the syncer section of drbd.conf then
replicated the drbd.conf to the othter node.
drbdadm adjust all on primary node was OK, but the same on secondary
node caused errors :(

/etc/drbd.conf:31: Parse error: 'an option keyword' expected,
        but got 'verify-alg'
Starting DRBD resources:    /etc/drbd.conf:31: Parse error: 'an option
keyword' expected,
        but got 'verify-alg'
/etc/drbd.conf:31: Parse error: 'an option keyword' expected,
        but got 'verify-alg'

Here's my drbd.conf:

[root at nodekrz ~]# cat /etc/drbd.conf
global  {
        usage-count no;
}

resource r0 {
        protocol C;
#       incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";

startup {
        wfc-timeout 120;
        degr-wfc-timeout 60;
        }

disk {
        on-io-error detach
        fencing resource-only;
        }

        net {
        cram-hmac-alg sha1;
        shared-secret insertPWhere;
        after-sb-0pri disconnect;
        after-sb-1pri disconnect;
        after-sb-2pri disconnect;
        rr-conflict disconnect;
        }

        syncer {
        rate 10M;
        verify-alg crc32c;
        }

        on noderz {
                device    /dev/drbd0;
                disk      /dev/sdb1;
                address   192.168.0.1:7789;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on nodekrz {
                device    /dev/drbd0;
                disk      /dev/sdb1;
                address   192.168.0.2:7789;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}

common  {
        handlers {
        outdate-peer "/usr/lib/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater";
        }
}

Thanks for your help
Florian