[DRBD-user] drbd consistently crashes during WFConnect

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Mar 5 12:20:41 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 12:08:34 Langley, Alex wrote:
> Thanks to Florian, who pointed out the typo in our config file!
>
> All us db guys looking at this frequently call this software drdb, and type
> it that way at times.  An unfortunate coincidence (for us at least).
>
> It's too bad that drbd crashes on this instead of politely pointing out
> (like Florian did), that device /dev/drdb0 does not exist.  I would say
> that is a bug.

Well, if you can reproduce this without "modprobe --force"'ing your module (as
you appear to have done, per Lars' reply, and I have good reason to trust him
in these matters), this will be investigated further.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.