[DRBD-user] external meta data in a file - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Mar 3 13:27:09 CET 2008

Is it possible to place external meta data in a file?

Documentation states that meta-disk has to be either internal, or should
point to a block-device (if external).

However, with more DRBD devices, creating a new block device for each
resource is a bit of an administrative burden, and sometimes, is not
possible at all.

Also, Linux software RAID can keep its bitmap either internally, or in a
file.

My little experimentation a while ago showed that DRBD won't work with
files as meta data - but maybe something changed lately (or it's a
planned feature)?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org