[DRBD-user] Public draft of DRBD Users' Guide available, feedback requested

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Mar 3 09:30:56 CET 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 15:15:10 Dr J Pelan wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Florian Haas wrote:
> > This guide is going to be in "public draft" status all through the month
> > of March. We request, strongly encourage and much appreciate feedback.
> > Corrections are more than welcome, as are suggestions for improvement.
>
> Under 'Basic mode of operation', I would be tempted to add a statement
> along the lines of;
>
>  "As DRBD is a block device it is agnostic to the filesystem layer above
>   (if any). Moreover it will not in itself enable shared concurrent access
>   to a filesystem - for this a cluster filesystem like GFS or OCFS2 will
>   also be necessary."
>
> It seems sensible to mention it explicitly and from the outset because it
> appears some people are confused about or don't initially appreciate the
> issue of coherency.

Hear, hear. :-)

I added a general note of that sort to that section. Even marked
it "Important".

Thanks; further suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas                               Tel +43-1-8178292-60  :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH          Fax +43-1-8178292-82  :

This e-mail is solely for use by the intended recipient(s). Information
contained in this e-mail and its attachments may be confidential, privileged
or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby formally
notified that any use, copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents of
this e-mail, in whole or in part, is prohibited. Also please notify
immediately the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
system. Thank you for your co-operation.