[DRBD-user] Protocol B to improve mysql write performance.

Christopher Grello cgrello at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:36:47 CEST 2008

I agree with the previous response. The protocol that DRBD is using won't
improve InnoDB's recovery time. What is your ratio of reads:writes? How
about writes/second? Do you have a huge # of tables. Check around on
mysqlperformanceblog.com. There have been several posts regarding InnoDB
performance tuning. Some parts of the recovery process are serialized --
such as opening tables. So if you have 10,000 tables just that one part
could take a bit. Also, are you using innodb_file_per_table or a single
tablespace? There are some potential implications there for recovery...

- Chris