[DRBD-user] Differences between meta-disk and flexible-meta-disk?

Brice Figureau brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com
Fri Jun 20 16:40:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

With all the discussions about external/internal metadata since a few
days ago, I throw an eye to my drbd configuration.
Then I wondered why I used flexible-meta-data internal in my
configuration.
So I looked to the drbd user guide:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html

And now I'm more confused than two days ago :-)
So, what is the real difference between flexible-meta-disk and meta-disk
(internal or external) ?

And the cherry on the cake question is the following one: with external
meta-data, what happens if you loose the device holding the meta-data?
Are your data at risk, or does drbs can rebuild the meta-data (from the
data or peer) ?

Thanks for the answers,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com>