[DRBD-user] Re: Poor network performance on 0.7.22

G.Jacobsen g_jacobsen at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 22:00:39 CEST 2008

Oliver,

When doing a dd between two drives performance is best when bs is slightly
below the cache size of the receiving harddisk, according to my very humble
experiences. I suppose the same holds for drbd sndbuf-size.

BTW, I wonder what kind of application you are running that the transfer
rate is such an issue. Its somewhat hard to believe that most production
systems would really saturate even a 100MB link constantly.

Just my 0.23 Aussie cents on the matter.

Cheers

Gerry