[DRBD-user] DRBD connection problem

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 12 20:49:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:16:47AM -0700, Praveen Madhav wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new with DRBD, and i am trying to setup DRBD with two nodes, one
> primary and one secondary.
> I am trying to use DRBD 8.0.12 with a modified Linux 2.6.21 based code
> and a proprietary linux IP stack. I am running into a problem where
> the Primary closes the connection to the secondary because it receives
> a ERESTARTSYS which is not handled in 'sock_recvmsg' on the primary
> node and it closes the connection. I have pasted the command activity
> and the output of dmesg of the primary and secondary nodes. Has
> someone else faced a similar problem with ERESTARTSYS. How is this
> supposed to be handled in the kernel? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen.

I'd be interessted as to what that "modified" linux based code is,
and what "proprietary linux IP stack" it may be?

did you make any progress on this?
if so, would you please share any and all such modifications?

(why) is this generically of interesst for linbit?

in case we start working on that,
does it benefit our userbase in general?

cheers,

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :