[DRBD-user] Unable to fix out of sync sectors

Norbert Tretkowski tretkowski at ip-exchange.de
Wed Jun 11 12:35:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

on my first two systems running DRBD 8.2.x (all others are still running
8.0.x) I get out of sync sectors when running "drbdadm verify all" on
the primary using md5 as verify-alg immediately after running "drbdadm
invalidate all" on the secondary.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the secondary after verification does not
fix the out of sync sectors, running verification immediately after
reconnecting the secondary still reports out of sync sectors, but not
the same ones.

Systems both running Linux 2.6.24-1-amd64 (Debian) and DRBD 8.2.6, the
primary uses a Broadcom NetXtreme II network card, the secondary uses an
Intel E1000 network card.

Neither enabling data-integrity-alg, nor disabling TOE on both network
cards helps.

Any ideas?

Regards, Norbert