[DRBD-user] Trouble getting RAID5 on top of DRBD to work..

Sören Malchow Soeren.Malchow at interone.de
Mon Jun 2 16:30:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

i did not try that before ( with RAID 6 ) but may i suggest using CLVM
together with the Redhat Cluster Suite on top of DRBD, put both drbd nodes
in primary and run a cluster with GFS2 on top of that.

That should do the Job, we have a setup like that running with plain ( no
RAID ) lvm volumes, since we have a hardware RAID

Cheers
Soeren

Tim Nufire <tnufire at ibink.com>
Sent by: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
02.06.2008 16:26

drbd at bobich.net
cc
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Subject
Re: [DRBD-user] Trouble getting RAID5 on top of DRBD to work..

Yes, I failed over the nodes.. (see my original post for full
details). I have everything working perfectly with LVM on top of DRBD
and was hopping RAID6 on top of DRBD would be similar. The problem is
that the RAID signatures don't appear to be mirrored, perhaps because
they are in super blocks and not part of the data DRBD replicates...
Don't know.

Also, from this thread and related research online, DRBD based RAID16
does not appear to a configuration that anyone else has tried....
Never good to be the first ;-)

Tim