[DRBD-user] 14TB storage with drbd82

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jul 28 23:04:15 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:19:34AM +0200, Andrei Neagoe wrote:
> Actually... I'm using the same thing. If you look at pvscan output you'll see
> that all 7 drbd devices are assigned to ftp VG. As a filesystem I'm using xfs,
> online growing starting with drbd resizing, lvextend and finally the xfs_grow
> works perfectly (and really really fast). The thing is that in the future, if I
> want to expand the size and add an exp3000 to the existing setup, I'll need to
> create at least 4 more drbd devices to support that and I don't know what the
> device limit is (if any except memory consideration).

You should be aware that DRBD currently has no way to provide
cross-device consistency.

If you lose the replication link, one device will have lost it before
the others.  This may or may not cause inconsistency in a file system
(or other data) spread over several DRBDs.

If you have the choice, try to contain one filesystem within one drbd.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :