[DRBD-user] drbd0: Digest integrity check FAILED.

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Jul 22 23:38:41 CEST 2008

Gregor wrote:
>> A few fewer errors, but still not even able to
>> run a verify. What'd be the next thing?

Hey, I got it! This came to me when I saw a posting about writes
arriving on the DRBD target out of sequence and causing trouble. They
were talking about ReiserFS and we use ext3, but ... we're using 'tc'
the Linux traffic shaper. We use SFQ in addition to HTB, and SFQ's
mission is to randomize ("perturb") packet queues to keep any one
session from hogging traffic.

My hypothesis: Do not use DRBD in conjunction with tc, at least not
while using SFQ, or else it'll reshape your sync traffic, screwing it up.

Now that I have turned off the traffic shaping (we're shopping for an
appliance to do a better job than tc anyway) the verify is running
smoothly. I have even re-enabled CSO and TSO on the network adapters,
and haven't seen a burp yet.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA