[DRBD-user] online verification really bogs things down

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Jul 19 22:02:27 CEST 2008

Online verification - very neat. Combined with the realtime write
verification, this should completely eliminate the possibility of the
data ever not being identical.

However, running an online verification is really intensive, as was
warned in the manual. So intensive is it, that the rest of the system
comes near to useless.

Does there exist a way to renice it or ionice it to reduce the load it
causes, or to pause it? For example, what drbd.conf directives would be
relevant to the verification speed as opposed to the sync speed?

If there is not a mechanism for doing this, should I file an enhancement
  request?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA