[DRBD-user] Setting Up Red Hat Cluster..

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logica.com
Thu Jul 3 05:36:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the reference.Let me tell you what I want exactly.

I am working in a project which has  a management Station running on
RHEL 4.0.This Management Station is a "unified Deployment Framework"
which has Veritas Opforce(Hope you know about that ).

VERITAS OpForce(tm) allows you to access, control, and provision servers
at any location securely through an encrypted connection. In addition to
server deployments, system administrators can assign IP addresses, track
software licenses, automatically discover and track server assets,
generate reports, update software applications with patches or service
packs and remotely run scripts.

Now the Project main aim is After Management Station is installed with
opforce,if any node is allowed to boot,it will boot  thru PXE Boot
rather than booting from DHCP as a result, it will boot from Management
station and a required nodes will be ready automatically come up with
required packages installed automatically. No need to install the other
systems manually This Architecture will automatically install all the
packages being controlled through Management Station.

Now We are in attempt to Setup Cluster. Cluster controlled through
Opforce. So Say I have two nodes Node-1 and Node-2 and a Management
Station(with Opforce).

Now I don't have Shared Storage(We ordered for MS1500 but it will come
after few months).What I want to try is Alternative so that I can setu
meanwhile).

I have a RHEL 4.0 Machine with 40GB.Will that do?

How many machines do we need?I went through your advised doc and it says
"primary-primary" Stuff.Do I need two RHEL Servers.???