[DRBD-user] Setting Up Red Hat Cluster ..

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Wed Jul 2 13:23:40 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 12:00:36 Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>

> This is my first post Hope You all gonna be Helpful.
>
> I want to setup Red Hat Clustering just for testing the overall
> architecture.
>
> But I don't have shared storage but I do have a RHEL Machine of 60 GB.
>
> I heard about DRBD but don't know how gonna I start up with?
>

> Anyone who can help me in setting up storage thru DRBD?

RedHat Cluster Suite does not require shared storage to operate, it is simply
a clustering mechanism similar to Heartbeat.

If you are looking to setup a GFS filesystem, shared between multiple Cluster
Suite nodes, you can use DRBD for that in Primary-Primary mode.

The DRBD documentation describes this:

	http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-gfs.html

Mark.

--