[DRBD-user] Newbie on startup

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jul 1 09:42:17 CEST 2008

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm using drbd 8.2.6 on Centos5.1.
>
> Strictly following the userguide (two-nodes, primary/secondary role), I
> think I got it works ok :)
>
> One behaviour I notice is this:
> If I turn off both nodes, and then turn them on again. The status on
> both nodes become: Secondary/Secondary.
> I have to switch the first node: drbdadm primary.
>
> Is it the intended behaviour?

Yes.

> I mean I should manually tell the first
> node as the primary?

Do it manually, have your cluster manager (e.g. Heartbeat) do it for
you, or (_only_ in the case of running GFS or OCFS2 on DRBD) set
"become-primary-on both;".

> What is the best practise?

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resource-roles.html
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-switch-resource-roles.html
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-heartbeat.html

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

Enterprise consultancy and support for DRBD is available from LINBIT. If
you are interested, Please go to http://www.linbit.com/en/contact and
leave your contact details.

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address. I monitor the
list on a daily basis. Thank you.