[DRBD-user] fsck on DRBD partition questions

Mike Sweetser - Adhost mikesw at adhost.com
Tue Jul 1 01:08:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

We have a DRBD partition mounted right now on its primary server that is
reporting the need for a fsck to be run.  Naturally, we want to minimize
the downtime on this, if not eliminating it entirely, so I wanted to see
if there was any easy way to do this.

Would something like this be possible?

* Fail over to the failover server, but mount as read-only
* Run the fsck on the primary server's copy
* Rejoin the two and have primary copy to failover

Are we totally off base here?  Would this work?  Is there another way to
do this?

We basically want to do the fsck without totally taking the partition
offline to do it.

Thank You,
Mike Sweetser