[DRBD-user] file owner and group changing after switch over

Rui Meireles rmeireles at tec.dsr.telecom.pt
Fri Feb 29 16:00:57 CET 2008

Thank you all for the quick answers.

Right now I'm trying rsync, and it's working. I did the following:

crontab -u root -l
# Sincronize Users
*/5 * * * * test -d /drbd/home/ && (rsync -a /etc/passwd /etc/shadow
/etc/group /etc/gshadow server2:/etc/) && (rsync -a /etc/samba/smbusers
/etc/samba/smbpasswd server2:/etc/samba/)

And did the same in server2 (using server1:/...)

(Of course, first I had to exchange public keys, in order to use SSH without
providing the password.)

I think this will be sufficient, since all the user/group changes will
happen in the primary server.

Thanks anyway.