[DRBD-user] local disk flush failed with status -5

Andreas Haase andreas.haase at evolver.de
Tue Feb 26 11:34:21 CET 2008

Hi list,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.02.2008, 15:04 +0100 schrieb Wolfram Schlich:
> I am using drbd-8.0.10 on linux-2.6.24 with heartbeat-2.1.3.
> Sometimes, on failover, the kernel spits out one or more of
> these messages:
>
> kernel: drbd0: local disk flush failed with status -5
>
> What does that mean? Is it harmful?

same problem occurs here with kernel 2.6.24.2 and drbd 8.0.11. Because
there has been no answer on the list, here again the question: does that
log error message have any implications on data consistency of the drbd
volume? The message is being repeated VERY often on one of our server
clusters.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Andreas Haase

Administration und Technik
evolver services GmbH

Fon     +49 / (0)3 71 / 4 00 03 70
Fax     +49 / (0)3 71 / 4 00 03 79

E-Mail  andreas.haase at evolver.de
Web     http://www.evolver.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft:  Chemnitz
Handelsregister:        Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 22649
Geschaeftsfuehrer:      Dirk Neubauer