[DRBD-user] primary/primary with ext2 not updating real-time

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Sun Feb 24 21:13:17 CET 2008

Theophanis Kontogiannis wrote:
> Then when I write file "ABC" on server 1, I need server 2 to realize
> (with "ls") that file "ABC" is being written (or at least was written)
> WITHOUT having to un-mount and mount again.

Uhm, while I fear I don't really understood what you are doing in your
setup.. you know you need to run a cluster aware file system on any sort
of shared block device -- be it DRBD, ENBD, iSCSI or something else and
that ext2 is clearly not one of those? Look into OCFS or GFS. Besides
that it's beyond me why anyone would like to use ext2 these days. If
what you are after is a parallel file system, I'd recommend to look into
GLusterFS with AFR translator.

--
Best regards,
H.D.