[DRBD-user] drbd configuration problem

rois rois at cobiz.com
Wed Feb 20 17:35:58 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 11:45 +0800, Law Siew Hiong wrote:
> Hi Sir,
>

> We are newbie for DRBD & heartbeat, after we have configure we reboot
> the server then we got he error message before the login to the
> system. We have to key in ‘yes’ after the message “ To abort waiting
> enter ‘yes’ [xx]: yes “ then only allow access to the system.
This message runs when one node is waiting for the other node to
connect.  When the other node connects this message goes away.

> cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda2 internal --set-defaults
> --create-device --on-io-error=detach failed - continuing!
>

> Our kernel version  2.6.18
>

> [root at esdb02 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start
>
> Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Failure: (114) Lower device is
> already claimed. This usually means it is mounted.
Sounds like you have drbd set to start in the startup scripts when the
machine boots and then you tried to start it manually.  At the very
least I'd set them to NOT start when the machine starts until you get it
completely configured.  My drbd is setup to never start itself because
if it goes down I want to know why and which node should be primary
first so I don't start by using stale data.  I think letting drbd and
heartbeat start by themselves is not a great idea even though it sounds
like it would be.