[DRBD-user] Some aclaration on DRBD functionality

Pablo Gómez pgomez at andago.com
Mon Feb 18 12:40:17 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I am new here, being reading for a while, set up DRBD and tested it and
I get some doubts regarding of the  suitability of DRBD for my problem.

After my tests, I understand that DRBD autosyncs a (previously written
with valuable data) partition and gives the posibility of mounting in a
single system from a cluster. Read and Write by a single system,
automatically sync'ed by other(s), while it is not mounted, or usable.
(Am I right?, or I am seeing only a part of the capabilities?)

My main question: is there any possibility of using a DRBD partition as
R/W for everyone (in the cluster?)

I am using 8.0.6 on SuSE 10.3

Thanks in advance
Pablo