[DRBD-user] Testing issue with a Primary/Unknown connection

Doug Lochart dlochart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:15:59 CET 2008

>From just your title of the post it looks like your two nodes are not
communicating.
Have you rechecked your node information in drbd.conf to make sure it
coincides with the actual ip addresses of the two nodes?
Can the two nodes see each other (ping/ssh/etc?)
Is there a local firewall running on the nodes?  (run iptables -L to
see).  If there is you will need to add the drbd port you chose into
the iptables rules.
lastly did you run drbdadm up all on both nodes?

I am a brand new to linux-ha and drbd and had a similar problem but
careful attention to details and rechecking things showed my initial
error.

good luck!

regards,

Doug

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 03:34:41PM +0000, jcrosby wrote:
>  > Good afternoon,
>  >
>  > I took a look through the mailing list but my issue didn't seem to jump
>  > out at me, so I'll ask it.
>  >
>  > Right now I have DRBD8 tied in with Heartbeat v1.  Running on a Ubuntu
>  > 7.04 install, kernel 2.6.22-14-server. I am running a MySQL database on
>  > the DRBD partition.
>
>  and your drbd versions is?
>  if you are using the drbd coming with "ubuntu 7.04",
>  that would be 8.0pre5-1.
>  which is something from the alpha stage two years ago.
>
>  so please tell me you are using somthing newer,
>  e.g. 8.0.11 :)
>
>  --
>  : Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
>  : DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :
>  : LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH      Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :
>  : Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna/Europe     Fax +43-1-8178292-82 :
>  __
>  please use the "List-Reply" function of your email client.

What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?