[DRBD-user] Testing issue with a Primary/Unknown connection

jcrosby jcrosby at scotiaweather.com
Wed Feb 13 16:34:41 CET 2008

Good afternoon,

I took a look through the mailing list but my issue didn't seem to jump
out at me, so I'll ask it.

Right now I have DRBD8 tied in with Heartbeat v1.  Running on a Ubuntu
7.04 install, kernel 2.6.22-14-server. I am running a MySQL database on
the DRBD partition.

When I power down the secondary machine to simulate a complete hardware
failure. The /proc/drbd file on the Primary shows:
 cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r---

I expected to see that, but after a few minutes my mounted partition
suddenly stopped responding.  I could cd into it, but couldn't do
anything else.

Is this suppose to happen, and if it is how can I stop it from
happening?  Since having my database freeze up if any of the DRBD nodes
go out is not really helpful.

Here is my drbd.conf file:
*resource r0 {
  protocol C;