[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.2.5 on Debian/SID

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 13 09:55:30 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:41:33PM -0500, Pascal Charest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using DRBD for about two years and since I'm between two freelances
> contracts, I decided to play with DRBD a bit more. This mail might be on the
> long side, but it end with an help offer so bear with me ;-).

> Please note : this is no production environment, I'm not freak enough to put an
> unstable DRBD (version 8.2.5)

aha.
version 8.2.5 is not released yet.

there is a commit named "preparing the 8.2.5" release in the git
repository. there will be a few more of those, then maybe some release
candiates (since we now managed twice to have three releases within one
week, we thought it would be a good idea to have official publicly
visible release candidates finally).

> There is a weird warning (on crystal) when I use the mounted fs on ruby :
> drbd0: local disk flush failed with status -5

this is not weird at all, but intentional.

> drbd0: Barriers not supported on meta data device - disabling
right.

> drbd0: unknown command?? on meta m: 0x83740267 c: 8192 l: 6144

we know.

bug reports are only useful against recently released versions,
and, especially, official publicly announced release candidates.

but reports against current git head are not that useful at all,
unless we explicitly ask someone wether this fix (<shaid>) would
fix the issue he has with the latest official release.

but thanks, anyways!

> On a side note:
> As I've said in the introduction, I'm currently between contract, so I've got
> some free time. I wanted to know if there is any interest in 1) an update to
> the INSTALL file (with, maybe, INSTALL.debian, INSTALL.suse, etc...)

go ahead. though I don't think there has been changed much?

> 2) an interest in documentation translation toward french. Once again,
> please note that "no" is a valid answer ;-).

go ahead, sure.  french translations would be very nice to have.

but, outdated or wrong documentation is worse than no documentation.
this goes for translations as well.
so unless you think you have the time (or some on the mailinglist step
forward, so we get a french translation team together)
to translate/update/correct every additions/updates/corrections we do in
the main documentation, this effort would be largely in vain.

Thanks.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :