[DRBD-user] Heartbeat, DRBD, MySQL and automatic resume from a failover

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Feb 11 16:31:23 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 02:54:59PM +0000, drbd at bobich.net wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Thorolf Godawa wrote:
>
> >- If starting only ONE of the servers, DRBD does not come up
> >automaticly. I set "wfc-timeout 300" that the server at least starts
> >without any user input, but heartbeat does not bring up DRBD in
> >"Primary/unknown" status.
> >But it is important that even if there is only one server starting and
> >thus no redundancy, that heartbeat can bring up all ressources anyway!
>
> I raised the exact same issue recently. The default behaviour is that
> nothing comes up as Primary/Unknown. It always comes up as
> Secondary/Unknown. What worked for me is to add:
> drbdadm primary all
> to the startup.

there is a configuration option (since drbd-8.0.6) named
"become-primary-on", which is honored by the init script.
it is intended for "two-primary clusterfs mode" setups,
where the cluster manager (if any) should not decide about
whether or not drbd is primary,
but where it shall be primary always.

you should not use it in "Primary/Secondary" setups
where drbd is managed by the cluster manager.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :