[DRBD-user] Heartbeat vs. Heartbeat 2

Rudolph Bott rb at megabit.net
Thu Feb 7 15:06:21 CET 2008

Hey List,

I'm using debian etch +  packages (drbd 8 from backports.org) for a
two-node san with iscsi. I had some problems with setting up heartbeat
correctly in the past so I skipped that part and I'm using manual
fail-over with self-written scripts etc now.

Thinking about setting up heartbeat once more - what are your
experiences with it and is it generally better to say that heartbeat 2
is superior to heartbeat in any case? (I doubt that since both packages
are available in most distributions)

The only thing I want is automatic failover - no automatic failback etc.
If one nodes dies or has problems the other one is supposed to take
over. Everything beyond should be managed by the admin ;)

Hearbeat checks should use the direct ethernet connection between the
nodes and a serial cable

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Rudolph Bott
--
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach  Tel:02161/30898-0  Fax:-18