[DRBD-user] Primary/Primary : how put a node in outdate mode ?

George H george.dma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:43:55 CET 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 6:21 PM, Dominique Fournier
<dominique.fournier at grenoble.cnrs.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I haven't seen any answer I repost my message. Is it a guy who use
> Primary/primary drbd with fencing ?
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Dom
>

> Dominique Fournier wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use a drbd 8.2.4-1, on a Debian 2.6.23-1-amd64 machine. The cluster
> > should be in primary/primary mode with OCFS2 to support services on both
> > nodes.
> >
> > It work really well under normal work.
> >
> > When the drbd link drops, I would like :
> > - The first node continue to work as Primary (with Waiting For Connection)
> > - The second node go to Outdate mode.
> >
> > When the link should goes up, the Secondary do a sync diff and after I
> > can put it primary again, and restart OCFS and my services.
> >
> > I wrote a drbd-peer-outdater which know on which node it is launched.
> >
> > My problem is :
> > How can I put the second node in Outdate state immediately without
> > passing it in Secondary mode ?
> > I can't pass it in Secondary because OCFS is mounted and dead services
> > are connected to partition. I can't kill services nor OCFS because drbd
> > is idle.
> >
> > Thanks for your time !
> >
> > Dom
> >
> > My configuration is :
> > # /etc/drbd.conf
> > common {
> >     syncer {
> >         rate             100M;
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > resource r0 {
> >     protocol               C;
> >     on maq1.grenoble.cnrs.fr {
> >         device           /dev/drbd0;
> >         disk             /dev/sdb1;
> >         address          10.0.0.1:7788;
> >         meta-disk        internal;
> >     }
> >     on maq2.grenoble.cnrs.fr {
> >         device           /dev/drbd0;
> >         disk             /dev/sdb1;
> >         address          10.0.0.2:7788;
> >         meta-disk        internal;
> >     }
> >     net {
> >         allow-two-primaries;
> >         after-sb-0pri    disconnect;
> >         after-sb-1pri    disconnect;
> >         after-sb-2pri    disconnect;
> >     }
> >     disk {
> >         on-io-error      detach;
> >         fencing          resource-only;
> >     }
> >     syncer {
> >         rate             100M;
> >         al-extents       257;
> >     }
> >     startup {
> >         degr-wfc-timeout 120;
> >     }
> >     handlers {
> >         outdate-peer     /root/cluster/drbd-peer-outdater.php;
> >     }
> > }

Just wanted to say that I am going to do the same setup as you in the
next few days and I am also eager to see how this fencing thing works
in DRBD primary/primary. I personally hope that the Master can give a
command to DRBD saying "yo I am the master so act like your the only
primary regardless of what the other DRBD device tells you (if you can
see it at all) and just wait for it to connect and re-sync"  :)

Well I hope it's like that.