[DRBD-user] RE: drbd Primary/Unknown Secondary/Unknown

Steven Bakker steven.bakker at ams-ix.net
Wed Dec 31 12:35:41 CET 2008

Hi,

Not sure if anybody answered you already, but I'll give it a try.

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 10:45 -0500, Techiie wrote:

> drbd0: Current Primary shall become sync TARGET! Aborting to prevent
> data corruption.

What's the output of "drbdadm dstate all" on both nodes? I wouldn't be
at all surprised if on the primary node it shows something like
"Inconsistent/UpToDate". The above message indicates that DRBD thinks
the secondary has more up-to-date data than the (intended) primary. The
only way to fix this is by swapping primary/secondary roles and allowing
the sync to finish before swapping back.

On the other hand, it may also be an initialisation problem. If you
haven't sync-ed the devices before, you need to force an initial sync,
see also [1].

[1] http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/s-initial-full-sync.html

Hope this helps,

-- Steven